How to Use Coconut Oil to get Rid of Stretch Marks
Just when you thought that coconut oil couldn’t be any more amazing, you learn that it can also prevent stretch marks. This miracle food has been touted for its ability to help you lose weight, restore shiny hair, revitalize dry skin and makes one of the best cooking oils available, too. Basically, the list of coconut oil benefits is endless.
Stretch marks are most commonly related to pregnancy, and this certainly is the most prevalent time in one’s life that they might be an issue. However, they can also affect anybody who has gained and lost weight rather quickly, during puberty, or simply if you are unfortunate to have a family history of stretch marks.
Basically, stretch marks are red or purple marks that are long, thin and kind of snake-like. They can appear on the belly, breasts, shoulders (in body builder’s, for example), thighs, glutes…essentially, anywhere that rapid weight gain has occurred.
1. Coconut Oil with Olive Oil and Vitamin E Oil:
This oil blend will definitely help to moisturize your skin along with fading stretch marks.
How to Do:
- Mix 1 cup each of coconut oil and olive oil in a bowl.
- In that, add 4 tablespoons of vitamin E oil and the content from 6 vitamin A capsules.
- Stir it well and use this mix to massage your skin.
- Regularly massage your skin with this oil blend to reduce stretch marks.
2. Homemade Coconut Oil Cream:
- Extract gel from an aloe vera leaf.
- Add aloe vera gel, 20 drops of coconut oil, 10 drops each of carrot seed oil, almond oil, grape seed oil, egg oil and buck thorn oil.
- Blend all the ingredients well and pour in an air tight container.
- Refrigerate the mixture or leave it in a dry place.
- Scoop out a little and apply it on stretch marks.
- Repeat 2 times daily.
3. Coconut Oil with Cocoa Butter and Shea Butter:
- Mix equal amounts of coconut oil, cocoa butter and shea butter.
- Melt the mixture using double boiler or microwave.
- Finally, now add few drops of vitamin E oil.
- Let the mixture cool down.
- Scoop out a little and massage in on stretch marks or belly during pregnancy.
- Leave it on till the skin absorbs the oils completely.
- Repeat the application 2 times daily.
4. Coconut Oil with Tea Three Oil for Stretch Marks:
The combination of coconut oil and tea tree oil is very beneficial for skin. It protects the skin from infection due to the antibacterial properties of tea tree oil and it works effectively to lighten the skin.
How to This:
- Take 3 tbsp of coconut oil and 4-5 drops of tea tree oil to it.
- Mix it well and apply it on the stretch marks
- Provide a good massage to your skin and leave it overnight.
- Apply this remedy every day before your bedtime to reduce stretch marks.
5. Coconut Oil with Castor Oil:
- Mix equal amounts of coconut oil and castor oil.
- Massage the mixture on stretch marks for 5 minutes.
- Let it rest till the oils are absorbed by the skin.
- Repeat daily.
6. Coconut Oil with Turmeric:
- Mix 2 tablespoons coconut oil and 1 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- Apply the mixture on stretch marks.
- After 15 minutes, rinse off with water.
- Repeat daily.
- For extra benefits, add 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
7. Coconut Oil with Vitamin E and Shea Butter:
Mix in a few vitamin E drops or oil, along with shea butter to your coconut oil. This also makes for a potent combination in preventing and treating stretch marks.
Use it frequently. Not that you have to glob in on, but using coconut oil every day (especially during pregnancy) can make the real difference, instead of just once in awhile. And remember, you can use it as an overall body lotion, while you’re at it.