8 Simple Exercises to Get Rid of Muffin Top
Most people find it hard to lose the love handles and muffin top, largely because they are a part of the core muscles. This is the set of muscles that connects the upper to the lower body. Losing fats accumulated in this region and toning the muscles, involves training the abdominal muscles with exercises that target the entire core region and hips, back, buttocks and upper body. The workouts targeting the mid-section and core will also go a long way to tone the core muscles and strengthen your back
There are quite a number of simple yet effective exercises that you can use to tone the muscles and get rid of the muffin top with just a little effort and a lot of dedication on your part. A combination of these exercises and a proven dietary plan to minimize calorie intake is guaranteed to give you noticeable results within a short time.
1. Side Bends:
This is a simple move, so it’s best to do a high number of reps. Hold dumbbells to add difficulty.
How To Do:
- Start in a standing position with your feet hip distance apart.
- Bend from your hips toward your right foot, keeping your left hand on your hip.
- Return to the standing position.
- Bend toward your left foot, keeping your right hand on your hip.
- Continue alternating. Try for three sets for 30 reps on each side.
2. The Hands-up Hop:
How To Do:
- Stand up, your feet hip-width apart; bend your knees slightly.
- Put your hands on your hips. Raise your right knee stepping forward with the left foot.
- Stretch your arms above your head hopping straight up on your left leg.
- Hands on your feet, land with your feet together. Switching sides, do 20 repetitions of the exercise.