8 Exercises To Reduce Inner Thigh Fat
Your inner thighs can be magnets for fat, but the right exercises can go a long way in eliminating that extra padding. Keep in mind, however, that no exercise can target fat in a specific area. To lose inches on your inner thighs, you must burn fat on your entire body. This requires diet modification in addition to your workout. Avoid foods high in refined sugar and saturated fat, opting instead for low-calorie, nutrient-dense foods like green, leafy vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins such as egg whites, beans and cottage cheese.
Not everyone has access to gym equipment. However, you can do a huge variety of calisthenic exercises in the comfort of your own home. Some calisthenics that strengthen the thigh muscles include plie squats, side lunges, squat & kick, skater hops, inner leg lifts, leg circles, outer leg lifts, fire hydrants, and fire hydrant kicks. Try doing a combination of several or all of these exercises for at least 15 minutes a day to strengthen the thighs.
1. Suspended Stability Lunge:
Take advantage of your body weight to help strengthen your leg muscles. This challenging exercise will not only target your core, increase flexibility in your hips and strengthen your thighs, but it will also teach you to use TRX equipment in a different way.
How To Do:
- Start standing with a weight bench or TRX straps behind you.
- Elevate one leg behind you so your leg is lifted to thigh height.
- Place the foot of the lifted leg in the TRX strap or on the bench.
- Now lower your body weight into a lunge position, maintaining your balance as lower and lift.
- Do 7-10 reps on the right leg, then repeat on the left. Add 5-10 pound dumbbells for a greater challenge.
2. Scissor Leg Plank:
Plank exercises are the basis for building a strong core and six pack abs but how to reduce thighs fat with planks? Well, this particular plank variation targets the inner thighs along with the arms, chest, core, and glutes.
How To Do:
- Start in a classic plank position with each foot placed on small folded towels.
- Now, side the feet apart while keeping your upper body fixed and open the legs as wide as possible.
- Slowly squeeze the inner thighs to slide the legs back together.
- Do 2 sets of 15 repetitions.