Top 10 Health Benefits of Wheat Grass
Wheat grass, a herb that is known for various health benefits, is prepared from the cotyledons of the wheat plant, which are biologically known as Triticum aestivum. It is a powerhouse of nutrients and is known for its ability to increase immunity and help deal with cancer.
The health benefits of wheat grass only came to light when the people of the western world first consumed it in the 1930s. There were many experiments by the agricultural chemist Charles F. Schnabel that were conducted using the herb. Wheat grass is usually harvested before the wheat plant grows and turns brown.
Wheat grass has proven to be one of the best health-reviving herbs and its benefits include the treatment of bowel problems, high blood pressure, nausea, constipation, and acidity. It also aids in weight loss, oral care, and detoxification of the body.
Key Facts Regarding Wheat grass:
1. 30mls of wheat grass juice has the same nutritional value of 1 kg of green leafy vegetables.
2. 90 minerals can be found in the wheat grass including potassium, magnesium, sodium, and calcium.
3. Wheat grass contains enzymes such as cytochrome oxidase, protease, amylase, transhydrogenase, and lipase.
4. Wheat grass contains 19 different amino acids.
5. The juice of wheat grass allows the body to increase red blood cell production, thereby increasing oxygenation.
6. Wheat grass contains a large amount of vitamin C.
Health Benefits of Wheat grass:
1. Lowers Blood Pressure:
Wheat grass juice effectively enhances capillaries as a result, blood circulation is improved and blood pressure is lowered. It also removes the toxins from the blood and improves its quality. It regulates the blood flow by providing iron to the body.
Glycemic Index or GI is used to measure how certain foods can affect blood glucose levels. Usually foods with low GI are recommended for the diabetic patients. Wheat grass is an amazing food that can help lower the GI of certain foods. Studies reveal that it can also lower down the levels of glucose and lipids in the body.